Monday 9 June 2014

Let's Ignite our Stars

A little Orion shines inside me
Fragments of it flow through every vein
But my marrow radiates melancholy
Yet, my eyes are dry and I dance
Who could ever see that the stars might go out in me at any moment?
And why would it matter?
I am done with waiting. I don't expect you to save me, darling.
I can save myself and you can save yourself. I am not your Manic Pixie Dream Girl and you are not my Manic Pixie Dream Boy. But I can promise to be there when your cocoon cracks and your wings start to flutter. I can promise to take flight with you and watch your eyes glitter with pride. I can promise to be myself and stay with you. But your own salvation is up to you. My own salvation is up to me, darling. Let us ignite our stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment