Monday 17 February 2014

White Oleander by Janet Fitch - My Book Review on Goodreads

White OleanderWhite Oleander by Janet Fitch
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was one of the best books I have ever read. Even though I watched the movie before I found the novel, I was excited all throughout the book. Fitch's style of writing is simply unique: although she tends to stack similes, all of them along with the descriptions of objects, places, people and memories are breath-taking. I marked many amazing passages.
This is a book to sink your soul into. I couldn't stop turning the pages. Yes, it is depressing but also enlightening in its own way. Astrid's evolution and her relationships with the people she encounters are very interesting and intriguing. All the characters in the book are unique and wonderfully elaborated.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment