Tuesday 8 April 2014

Listening to John Mayer's "Slow Dancing in a Burning Room" gave birth to this


We sat on the couch holding the two mugs we had bought at the same store together.
His legs were dangling from the end of the couch while his head rested on my lap. I put my mug on his bushy hair just to tease him. He looked up at me, upside-down like my thoughts whenever his warm brown eyes pierced my soul. He smiled and pouted in a way that told me "I love this but I will play the vexed". I stretched out my tongue and laughed. He stopped pouting and just intensely focused on looking into my eyes. I blushed as he rose, putting both our mugs on the table, sitting down and pulling me over to sit on his lap, facing his angelic features. It was just wonderful to put my arms around his neck and look at his face, full of love, full of warmth, full of safety. Yes, I remember his glares, the way he left me waiting yesterday night, but all that is gone now. Here he is, in flesh and blood, today, now, in front of me, for me. What else mattered than his arms around my waist, John Mayer blasting from the speakers and his eyes hung on my lips? He couldn't resist and neither did I. In the fraction of a second, he kissed me, smashing me passionately on the couch. I heard my phone ring at that moment but I blacked out into a heavy trance.


No comments:

Post a Comment