Sunday 13 April 2014

My Star-and-Sky-themed Short Writings.

You left me under the stars
Will you find me there again?
I see you walking down the sublunar valley of nostalgia
Are you scanning the place
for the light in my eyes?
Do your fingertips ache for the burning touch?
Can you taste the bittersweet craving
that the grey smoke seeping from your lips
can never extinguish?
Yes, you left me under the stars
But dear, look up
I'm riding shooting stars now.
____

And if I could choose one starry constellation to lose myself in for light years, I'd choose the one under your name every time and lose myself and lose myself and lose myself.
____

As the sky's colors dance in a sea of blue, violet and pink, I gaze upon the immense entity above me. I can feel the beauty around me despite the ugliness that emanates from humanity.

You are just like the sky.

I need nothing else but to see you smile your honest, peaceful, genuine smile. A smile that paints my own sky blue, violet and pink. That turns the monochrome firmament into a sea of colorful splashes, strokes and blotches. A smile that is one of the most precious pieces of art ever painted upon the canvas of my life.
"Dive", my heart says.
"Retreat", my grey cells alarm me.
Interregnum reigns inside of me. Where am I supposed to tread, where am I supposed to turn away? We met at the fork of the road. I don't know which way we'll take. Nobody takes a step. I can hear the suspended breathing of my exhausted lungs. I have been running for so long, on my own, down narrow lanes, into mazes, out into meadows and back into obscure groves. Endlessly wandering, infinitely erring. I am tired. I want to lie down and dream without having to set a limit to my horizon. See, the sky is not my limit. My limits lie beyond Orion.
____

He smiled like the star he is. The impact of his spark seemed to last as long as the light years that separate him - a dweller of Orion - from me, a cornflower upon the earth. 



Picture (c) http://raindropsmelody.deviantart.com


No comments:

Post a Comment