Friday 20 May 2016

Memento Vitae I

With your beard in my neck,
supernovas in my belly
and constellations of your fingertips
across my bodyscape,
the storms of life
seem like a gentle breeze.

Swept away into the lugubrious part of the woods
A tenor resounds, echoes, a voice so strong
The evenstar calls me
and I find my way back
to the clearing.
The sunlight crashes through the leafwork onto your face
I found my way back
to you,
my tenor.

 Laer lín matha faeren.

When night falls and the elves sing
and the fireflies swarm around us
Our feet are anchored to the grass
Our hearts to each other
and our heads reach Orion.

My evenstar,
Your anchor never rusts
Your arms are my haven
I set sail into you
This is my home.

Never estranged, never misplaced
We sing the song of the elves
We sleep on the grass
Petrichor, hedgehogs and moonlight
This is my home.

Meleth nín
You are my home.

Meleth nín
Le melithon anuir.





2 comments: